WHY OPIATES HAVE INCREASED IN THE U.S.A.
In February, of this year , it was announced that the United States added 235,000 jobs and the unemployment rate dropped to 4.7 percent. That’s what it said. Almost every one of those jobs were in manufacturing and construction. Jobs that you do not need a college degree for.
So, you got all these kids running around who have debt because they went to college and they have student loans.* You got all these kids that were promised: “If you just go to school, and you pay all this money, you’re going to have a good job. You’re going to be wealthy”—and they’re not. There’s no jobs available. All they can get is a job in construction or manufacturing that doesn’t pay what they were promised when they went to school.
What do you think that’s going to do to them? What do you think it’s going to do to “Joe Smith” in the United States of America? Who’s trying to impress his girlfriend, and says, “I’m going to college. I got me a college degree. But, I’m going to have to go use a shovel and build that bridge because that’s the only job I can get. I’m sorry, baby. I thought I was going to get, like, $80,000 a year, but I’m going to have to just take $30,000 on this job because we got to eat”—and the girl’s looking at him, saying, “Uh, no. I’m going to find somebody who promised me the $80,000 a year job. I want them.”
The easiest way … the easiest way to assuage the emotional feelings of let-down that the American people are getting because they’re dreaming of the “American Dream”—but they know, now; and they’re beginning to realize it’s impossible—the easiest way, is to take an opiate.
The Humanity Party®’s proposals include FREE public education, *including four years at any accredited university or college.
Many of the deaths from opioids are the result of the illegal sale and transfer of the drugs, not their legal use for actual chronic pain disorders.
After a further review by THumP®’s Board of Directors, here are the first five steps that a THumP® government would take to solve the opioid epidemic:
1. Give all people the Basic Necessities of Life, FREE of charge. Most of the misery experienced by people comes from the job that they are FORCED to do out of necessity. Providing people with the freedom of choice to pursue individual happiness as they perceive happiness, will greatly reduce the hopelessness and emotional strain modern slavery causes human beings. Drug use is dependent on the user’s emotional health.
2. Decriminalize ALL drug use, of any kind. Enact stronger laws against unscrupulous doctors and drug manufacturers, not laws against the people who take them. Fund FREE rehabilitation centers throughout the United States, making these centers safe, secure, free, beautiful places where one would want to go and stay to get help with their addiction.
3. Regulate the medical fields with pragmatic and humane laws that protect the people. Doctors will no longer be allowed free reign to prescribe the medications to people who don’t need the medication.
4. Fund the research and development of drugs that help the chronically ill, however they need to be helped, but regulate how doctors prescribe the medication. Once prescribed, the financial transaction is followed, because the government pays for all prescribed medications with THumP®’s single-payer health insurance plan.
5. Control the money supply. Eliminate a cash-based economy by eliminating all cash transactions. Eliminate, by law, any form of a financial transaction that isn’t government regulated. This would allow the government to track every financial transaction, of any kind. This would greatly impede the black market and virtually eliminate the illegal drug trade. Because all financial transactions are transparent and subject to government oversight, no person can sell their prescribed medication to another without realizing that their financial transaction is recorded and monitored.
The Humanity Party® has the solutions.
For questions about how these Social Programs will be paid for, please see The Humanity Party®’s Fair Tax Plan.